Here is our third post for any E3 2018 trailers, gameplay, or news that doesn’t appear in any of today’s press conferences. As usual, I’ll keep the newest additions at the top for ease of access when returning to see any updates.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Resident Evil 2
Starlink: Battle for Atlas
Farming Simulator 19
Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal
Many details coming from Gamespot/IGN
- New details confirm the game is a seamless open-world FPS.
- FPS perspective made to feel more personal
- RPG with Shooter Elements not a Shooter with RPG elements
- Multiple different progression systems (Skills, Perks, etc.)
- V, protagonist – urban merc/hired gun.
- Full character creation system (Gender, Looks, Lifepath/Backstory)
- You DO NOT pick classes in the beginning, class system is fluid based on choices
- Dystopian Cyberpunk future shown in sunlight on purpose. Full Day/Night Cycle. Noir themes bleed through environment and aesthetic
- Characters from Cyberpunk 2020 lore will appear
- Netrunner Techie and Solo are main focused classes
- You can combine classes
- Optional classes exist (like Rockerboy and Corporate) and you can pull perks from them to add into your own custom class
- Story and quest system from Witcher 3 is implemented into Cyberpunk similarly.
- Choice and consequence is HUGE. Emphasized that the game is an RPG first and foremost
- Story is personalized by player choice.
- Combat – Ranged combat and Melee combat. Learned lessons from Witcher 3. FPS Melee combat.
- Weapons – 3 branches – Power Weapons (heavy hitting/stagger), Tech Weapons (penetrating through cover), Smart Weapons (tracking/following)
- Vehicles – Motorcycles, Cars, hinted at flying cars.
- V is a fully voiced character. Both Male and Female completely voiced.
- V’s personality is shaped by player. Backstory and interactions shape V’s personality.
- Cyberpunk is a dark dystopia in the same vein as Witcher 3 being Dark Fantasy
- Details of the world – everything has a purpose. World design was a huge focus in setting the tone.
- Night City – in between SF and LA (fictional city). Inspired by both cities.
- 6 unique districts in the city. Each area has its own feel on top of the base Noir feel
- Exploration is encouraged.
- Witcher was horizontally huge, Cyberpunk is vertically huge.
- You can enter buildings, Mega Buildings exist as well with multiple floors and multiple areas to explore within a single building.
- No level scaling. 2 forms of XP – Core XP – Main Missions and Street Cred – Side missions
- Higher Street Cred opens new exclusive vendors and fixers (new jobs)
- Gunplay is faster than Deus Ex but slower than Borderlands
- Mantis arm blades melee weapon (seen in teaser image with the lady)
- Wall Run traversal ability
- Stealth mechanics exist, no specifics yet
- IGN details a sequence where the player does a stealth takedown on an enemy and then jacks into the enemy to get a schematic layout of the base the player was infiltrating.
- Branching dialogue options
- Open world is limited by Street Cred – certain areas unaccessible without the right level of Street Cred
- Clothing affects Street Cred
- Main Stats: Strength Constitution Intelligence Reflexes Tech Cool
- Side Quests can give you special upgrades and unique body parts unavailable elsewhere. Higher Street Cred gets you access to more side missions.
- Upgrades to your character directly affect your UI and your gameplay.
- Examples: Subdermal Grip increases V’s gun damage and adds ammo counter to the UI, Optical upgrade allows V to Zoom in and Scan enemies/vehicles
- Four different damage types: Physical, Thermal, EMP, Chemical
- Scanning enemies can expose their weaknesses
- Equipment and Chip slots exist. Chip slot example: Dog-Sized Robot Spider follows and fights for V
- Drivable cars in huge sprawling city. City size still unknown. Driving freedom doesnt seem as open as it is in GTA V however.
- Mobile fights – V leans out of the car to shoot assailants as AI companion drives
- You can switch between third person and first person perspective WHILE DRIVING. First Person Perspective shows the Car’s Dashboard UI
- Buildings are TALL. V has to use elevators to go through the various floors.
- Traditional RPG consumables are mentioned
- De-escalating some situations via conversation is entirely possible
- Casual conversation dialogue pops up as you’re roaming around
- Dialogue is more fluid than Witcher 3
- First Person camera contributes to the liveliness of the city
- “Mature Experience intended for Mature Audiences”
- Nudity and Sexual Content confirmed.
- “…Romancing” options confirmed.
- Aside from Driving, cutscenes will also switch to third person perspective, upgrading V is also done in third person perspective.
Monster Hunter: World
Soul Calibur VI
The Division 2
SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy
Dragon Ball FighterZ
Super Bomberman R
- Game is officially launching this week starting today on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One today with new characters!
- Day One patch will also be adding freshly revealed character Xavier Woods Bomber, based of course on the real life global wrestling superstar and video game guru.
Hyper Sports R
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Yakuka Kimami 2
Next Gen Xbox
- We have an update on the next generation Xbox device codenamed ‘Scarlett’ confirming that it is planned to launch in 2020.
- Will be a family of devices rather than a single hardware box. Likely related to their plans for a future Netflix like games streaming service so we will may see a standard box for physical, digital, and streamed games and smaller devices similar to a Firestick or Chromecast that simply gives access to whatever their streaming service is.