Here’s our one-stop post for everything coming from EA’s EA Play 2018 stream event. We’ll do our best to include all trailers and key information below.
- Destruction system is back and better than before.
- Customize soldier, vehicles, and weapon appearance.
- Battle Royale mode announced
- October 19 launch
- Champions League Tournament mode
- The Journey story mode returns
- September 28 launch
- FIFA 18 free trial available with full World Cup experience
Cloud Gaming Service
- EA currently preparing a cloud-based game streaming service.
- Goal is to essentially create the Netflix of video games.
Origin Access Premier
- Includes all their new PC games starting with Madden 19.
- FIFA 19, Battlefield V, and Anthem
- Includes vault access as well which has 100s of games.
- Launching this Summer
- $14.99 per month or $99 for a year
Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
- Star Wars game from Respawn Entertainment (Titanfall series)
- Play as a jedi
- Takes place during the time when the jedi are being hunted.
- Set between Episode 3 and 4
- Holiday 2019 release
Star Wars Battlefront II
- Discussing the messy launch and their shot at redemption.
- Discussing the previously announced and detailed Han Solo season
- Squad system coming this Summer
- New Starfighter mode coming that focuses on hero ships.
- Clone Wars content coming this year
- General Grievous and Obi Wan Kenobi playable.
- Count Dooku and Anakin Skywalker playable.
- Sequel features coop
- Can play in coop by yourself. Fuse together into one character to make moving both characters easier.
- When reaching puzzle locations you can split apart and control each separately.
- Launching today
Sea of Solitude
- New EA original from a Berlin studio Jo-Mei
- About young woman named Kay suffering from extreme loneliness in a future flooded world. She becomes a monster due to this and the game follows her journey to find balance and become human again.
- Early 2019
NBA LIVE 19
- September 7th launch
- August 10 launch
- Coming to PC
Command and Conquer Rivals
- New mobile competitive real time strategy game
- Live match shown
- February 22 2019 launch
- In Anthem, up to four players explore and battle in a dangerous, mysterious place populated by great characters and a unique BioWare story. Players will also create stories of their own while they play, so no two journeys are the same. Javelin exosuits make their pilots powerful heroes in the world, with awesome weapons and incredible special abilities that allow for combat and exploration in a hostile environment. Players will be able to customize and personalize their suits with unique paint jobs and gear so they’ll have the right tools to confront almost any situation, and look good doing it.
- Players excited to enter the dangerous world of Anthem are now able to pre-order the game. Those who do will receive VIP demo access and a unique in-game Founders banner. Those who pre-order the Anthem standard edition will also receive a legendary weapon and the Legion of Dawn Armor Pack for the Ranger Javelin as part of their pre-order content. In addition, those who purchase the Legion of Dawn Edition of Anthemfor pre-order or after launch will also receive the full set of Legion of Dawn Armor Packs (including the Ranger Javelin Legion of Dawn Armor Pack), a Ranger Javelin gear attachment, the digital soundtrack and more.*
- Designed in a way where Bioware can continue to build onto the game’s story and content for years to come.
- Ranger, Colossus, Interceptor, and Storm are Javelin exo-suit classes.
- Will have cosmetic purchase, but no loot boxes or anything pay to win.
- Can play through the story solo if you want.
- Always online
- finite inventory space
- No PvP
- Individual loot for players
- City hub areas are single-player only and focus on story and NPC dialogue
- Enter hover mode in your Javelin at any time with a button press
- Flight mode is only available if there is enough height available in the particular location.
- World is completely open with no gates to load into other areas.
- No party member AI, only real players.
- No info on cross-platform play just yet.
- 30 FPS lock on consoles. Unlocked framerate for PC.
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2
- This wasn’t covered during their presentation, but it was revealed that more free content will be coming to the game in the near future.