Here’s our one-stop post for everything coming from EA’s E3 2017 EA Play event. We’ll do our best to include all trailers and key information below.
Star Wars Battlefront II
- Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer
- Assault on Theed Multiplayer Gameplay Footage 1
- Footage 2
- Footage 3
- Check Youtube for more gameplay videos from different Youtubers.
- Partner system replaced with full squad system for more players
- Vehicle/Hero power-ups system replaced with new system that allows you to spend battle points earned during the match to spawn as them.
- Phase-based massive 20v20 mode. One example shown was Assault on Theed where you start off outside trying to break into a Jedi Temple. The first phase will have a lot of focus on making use of vehicles, once inside it switches to infantry.
- Full offline story mode reconfirmed following the female commander of the Inferno Squad in an original untold Star Wars story.
- Bridges gap between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens
- More than three times the content of the first game
- Skirmish couch coop returns
- More heroes, more vehicles, more planets, space battles, improved progression, content from all eras.
- New class system that effects loadouts and stats
- Gunplay completely redone
- John Boyega’s character Finn will be in the game along with Captain Phasma in the first season of content. This content is Free.
- Committed to releasing multiple post-launch seasons of content for free.
- First season The Last Jedi themed and will be available during holiday 2017.
- Pre-order for beta access and Yoda’s light saber mastery star card.
- Star Card system overhauled to include multiple different rarities. These are earned through play in some way, possibly through packs bought with in-game currency. We expect these to be purchasable with real money as well to support the game’s free DLC model.
- Night maps debuting this Summer
- In the Name of the Tsar DLC includes 6 new maps, russian army, new vehicles, weapons, and more. September release.
- 8 new total maps on the way
- New competitive mode coming with smaller team size. More on this at Gamescom.
- Motion capture by actual players
- Contiuation of The Journey story mode with Alex Hunter
- Nintendo Switch Version – This new edition brings the modes fans know and love, including FIFA Ultimate Team™, Career Mode, Kick Off and Local Seasons, making it the deepest portable game ever to be introduced by EA SPORTS FIFA. Ultimate Team fans will get to participate in beloved features like Squad Building Challenges, Online and Offline Seasons, Tournaments, and Draft. Players will enjoy live campaigns connected to the narrative of the football season, the Transfer Market, and more Ultimate Team features that will be revealed very soon. September 29th.
Need for Speed: Payback
- Revenge mission to take down the cartel
- Wild heist missions, car battles, and more.
- Looking to bring more action to the driving series.
- Diverse open world
- Multiple playable characters
- Extensive customizations for cars
- Find old classic junkers in the open world and tune them into performance machines.
A Way Out
- Latest EA Original title, EA’s initiative to help indie devs bring their projects to life and make money off of them.
- From makers of Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
- Story-driven co-op adventure set in a prison with two men trying to escape.
- Designed with split-screen in mind, although online is possible. They want players to have an emotional connection with the friend they play with.
- Solo play not possible
- Developer believes the game reinvents co-op gaming
- One player might be in a cutscene while another is playing doing some other task.
- Coming early 2018
SEED (New EA Division)
- New research division within EA looking for new innovative ideas using untapped technologies.
- Gameplay at Microsoft’s press conference tomorrow
- New Bioware IP
- Frostbite Engine
- Sci-fi future setting with large wall that protects humanity from monsters.
- To be run as a live service, similar to Destiny meaning we can probably expect a online cooperative experience
- Microsoft appears to have some type of partnership deal with the game since it will be shown at their press conference. Maybe Xbox One/Windows 10 exclusive?
- Spring 2018 launch
- From a new Bioware team lead by original Mass Effect trilogy producer Casey Hudson
NBA Live 18
- Demo coming in August
- The One journey allows players to rise through the ranks in a authentic NBA experience.
- Increase skills and earn new gear as you progress
- Play on street courts and work your way up
- Free all week for E3