Atlus has shared the launch trailer for Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth, a series celebrating 10 years of the portable 3D dungeon crawling this year.
This is the story of Yggdrasil, the world tree in the land of Arcania.
Children of men pass down an ancient fable: “The power of the gods will be granted there…”
Disciples of magic study an archaic myth: “The great mysteries shall be answered there…”
Descendants of warriors recite their folklore: “The ultimate techniques can be mastered there…”
Nomads of the plains exchange a fairy tale: “The lost treasures must be slumbering there…”
From all across the land of Arcania, each culture pursues its own legends.
They journey to Yggdrasil, yearning to reach the top and meet their destinies.
- A Choose-your-own-odyssey Feel: Starting with the creation of your party to exploring the uncharted labyrinth of the Yggdrasil Tree, Beyond the Myth is about choosing how your own adventure unfolds.
- Gameplay Fit for a true Pathfinder: for those new to the series, the bottom screen of the 3DS displays a Top-Down, tile-based map that must be filled out while dungeon crawling.
- Epic Turn-Based Battles: Dangerous creatures and utterly terrifying FOEs-high-level mini-bosses, roam the labyrinth on every floor, so prepare to test your mettle with challenging turn-based battles.
- A Magical Art Style and Score: Longtime series illustrator Yuji Himukai and renowned composer Yuzo Koshiro return to add their signature magic to the art and music in the game.
- Language: the game features English voice-overs and English text.
The game is available now exclusively for 3DS handhelds.