Square Enix announced that originally PlayStation 4 exclusive Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will be making the jump to PC next month on February 1st. The game is an improved version of the PlayStation 2 original featuring improved visuals, framerate, and more.
- 60FPS – Ivalice will look better than ever with the game running at 60FPS.
- Compatible with 21:9 ultra-wide monitors – Up to three HD monitors can be used for a potential 48(16×3):9 experience.
- New Game Plus and New Game Minus – Post-game content modes are now accessible from the beginning of the game.
- Three background music options – The original, re-orchestrated and soundtrack versions are now available from the beginning of the game (why wasn’t this in the PS4 version?).
- Maximized License Points and Gil – New functionality added to grant players max License Points and Gil from the configuration screen.
- Full controller support, Steam Trading Cards and more to optimize the PC player experience.
The Square Enix Online Store will also be offering a $149.99 PC Collector’s Edition of the game which includes an official Collector’s Edition Steelbook with the original soundtrack, a five-piece Judge Masters Bust Set, six-card art set and a digital download code for the game.
Purchasing the digital version of the game during the first week will net buyers a 20 percent discount too so be sure to take advantage of that if interested.