Here’s our one-stop post for everything coming from Nintendo’s Spotlight E3 2017 stream event. We’ll do our best to include all trailers and key information below. I’ll also be adding in any reveals or key media shown after during the Treehouse Live segments as well.
- Switch version seen in opening montage trailer. Also see FIFA 18, ARMS, and Splatoon 2 in this.
- Exclusive nintendo content
- Cross-platform play with Xbox One and PC.
- Holiday 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles II
- Holiday 2017
- Rex and Pyra are main characters
- Pyra powers up Rex’s weapon while he fights.
- Blades and Driver system. Rex is a Driver while other characters are Blades that enhance his weapon during combat.
- Summon new Blades with crystals, a variety of these.
- Auto attacks build up power to use abilities.
- More story driven like the original rather like Xenoblade Chronicles X which is more exploration based.
- Despite this still massive environments to explore
- No actual land mass in the game, always on the backs of titans.
Kirby (No name yet)
- New Kirby Switch game
- Enemy partners
- Ability mixing
- Four player coop
- Form in a loop and roll
Pokemon (No name yet)
- Game Freak has begun working on core Pokemon game for Nintendo Switch.
- Won’t be out anytime soon and wasn’t shown.
Metroid Prime 4
- Now in development no footage
- Not being developed by Retro Studios but still being lead by Kensuke Tanabe.
- Launch TBD
Yoshi (No name Yet)
- Two sides to stage mechanic where Yoshi can flip it around to play the other side.
- Yoshi in hand-crafted looking levels. A lot of paper materials. Different style than Yoshi’s Woolly World.
- Two-player coop
Fire Emblem Warriors
- Fall 2017
- September 28th in Japan
- Warriors style gameplay with Fire Emblem heroes both classic and new.
- Gameplay itself will be familiar to those who played Hyrule Warriors.
- Leveling system
- Weapons Triangle system
- Can give commands to units you are in control of.
- Pair up units
- Colosseum Mode revealed. Separate from main story and you fight a series of different heroes.
- Plenty of voice acting during gameplay action
- Two new amiibos revealed. Chrom and Tiki.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Showing off new features from first DLC, The Master Trials. Many of which were already revealed. June 30th
- Second DLC The Champion’s Ballad teased and is coming Holiday 2017
- Four champion amiibos revealed. Use in the game to unlock content.
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
- Shown again
- August 29th reminder
- 8 total characters
- BEEP-0 is the robotic rabbit character the player controls and the others follow.
- Don’t actually kill Rabbids in battles, it teleports them back home.
- As you progress Princess Peach’s castle will see new additions around it.
- Can replay any battles to try and get better scores.
Super Mario Odyssey
- T-rex appears in trailer (one of the possible characters you can take control of)
- Vocal theme song
- Sombrero Mario
- prehistoric world
- Red White and Blue mario costume
- Black and White world
- Take control of different enemies by throwing the hat.
- Tons of different costumes and transformations
- October 27th
- The Odyssey is the ship seen in the game and is powered by these collectible moons which are essentially the game’s stars.
- Cappy is the hat character. Native form is white top hat.
- Throw hat at wires to turn into electricity and travel along it.
- Purple coins are a collectible and are unique to the world you are in. They are used in the shop for each world.
- Pauline is the mayor of New Donk City.
- No fall damage
- Lots of encouragement to explore and experiment
- Collecting a moon does not kick you out of the level.
- Punishment for dying is losing a small amount of coins.
- Decorate ship with items bought with coins.
- Neat section shown where you take a pipe into a mural on a wall that looks like classic NES mario. Your worn costume and hat even transfers over to it.
- The Brutals, evil wedding planning firm, are some of the main baddies. Rabbit characters seen in first trailer.
- Mario, Peach, and Bowser wedding outfit amiibos shown. They unlock costumes and have an assist function. There will be some existing amiibo support as well.
- Multiplayer of some kind was confirmed in a interview, but won’t be revealed just yet.
Metroid: Samus Returns
- September 15th
- MercurySteam developed. Team previously known for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow titles. Sakamoto overseeing the project.
- 2D perspective Metroid with 3D visuals that is a reimagination of Metroid 2: The Return of Samus on GB.
- Full range aiming, any angle
- Melee counter
- Aeon Abilities – Give Samus new abilities such as scan pulse to reveal some of the map and secrets around you. This uses energy.
- Teleport stations are new feature to quickly get around.
- amiibo support for two Samus amiibos and two new ones as well. Metroid amiibo and new Metroid 2 Samus one. The Metroid one is actually squishy.
- Special Edition version of the game announced that comes with a soundtrack CD with 25 different tracks from all Metroid games.
- Watch trailer in 3D on 3DS.
- From the team that brought you Sonic Colors and Generations, comes the next exciting title in the Sonic franchise: Sonic Forces. Experience fast-paced action as Modern Sonic, thrilling platforming as Classic Sonic, and utilize powerful new gadgets as your own custom Hero Character. Help Sonic fight back to reclaim the world from Dr. Eggman and a powerful, mysterious new villain. Sonic Forces lands on Nintendo Switch this holiday.
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions
- Remake of original GBA game with new visuals
- October 6th launch
- Updated user interface and map system
- Minion Quest: The Search for Bowser – new parallel story with different mechanics and battle system.