PixelTail Games announced they are working on Tower Unite, a stand-alone successor to their Garry’s Mod mod known as GMod Tower. The mod allowed several players in interact socially and in other fun ways whether it be going on rides, racing, playing poker, or even watching movies. Tower Unite looks to offer much of the same, however with a fresh coat of paint thanks to Unreal Engine 4.
The experience is not that far from something like Second Life or the now non-existent Playstation Home, however, unlike those games, Tower Unite does not plan to have microtransactions of any kind. All that is required to play is the initial 15 dollar purchase at which point you’ll have access to everything the game has to offer. The team even plans to offer free DLC in addition to workshop support so anyone is able to contribute new content to the game.
- Play multiplayer games of various genres online with friends.
- Customize yourself with clothing and accessories.
- Use lots of different movement items such as jetpacks, wings, and rollerblades.
- Furnish and design the layout of your personal space (the Condo) with furniture and interactive toys.
- Invite other players over to your Condo for parties and mini-games.
- Watch synchronized YouTube™ videos in a virtual theater or your Condo.
- Hang out at a nightclub and listen to music synchronized with the environment and every other player!
- Join official servers or host your own server.
- Hang out with your friends or find new friends!
To learn more about the game, be sure to check out their Indiegogo campaign which is seeking $50,000 to fund the project.