Valve has surprised everyone with the reveal of a new game project, a digital card game based on DOTA called Artifact.
There is little else to say about it at this point other than that it is launching sometime next year.
Update with Known Details: (Source: Day9 Stream, Reddit)
- There are three game boards that represent the lanes
- You control 5 heroes, just like DotA
- You can equip item cards on to the Heroes that you buy with gold
- There are creeps that spawn every turn
- You can play creature cards
- Some cards are cast on the lane and have persistent effects on that lane
- Each Hero has abilities like their DotA counterparts (“You can cast track on a Hero as Bounty Hunter and get extra Gold”)